In an episode of The Simpsons entitled “The Man Who Came to Be Dinner”
The Simpson family attend a trip to an amusement park named Dizneeland, where they go on a ride called “Rocket to Your Doom” and accidentally end up in Rigel 7, the home planet of Kang and Kodos.
The end credits featured are a homage to Star Trek: The Original Series’ end credits.
This is not the first time that Star Trek has featured on The Simpsons. Here are some examples:
- “Kang and Kodos” – Two recurring alien villains that claim to be native to the planet Rigel VII.
- “Bart of Darkness” – Itchy and Scratchy parody of TOS: “The Cage“, “The Menagerie, Part I“, and “The Menagerie, Part II“, with Itchy resembling the aliens from Talos IV and possessing strong telepathic and telekenetic abilities.
- “Itchy and Scratchy: The Movie” – The family sees a trailer and clips from the latest Original Series film, Star Trek XII: So Very Tired.
- “Marge vs. the Monorail” – Leonard Nimoy guest-stars as himself at the cristening of the Springfiled monorail.
- “Deep Space Homer” – In reference to Deep Space Nine. Homer Simpson fights Barney Gumble in the Triskelion arena with the classic “Star Trek fight music” in the background
- “Yolo” – Homer and his penpal reenacting “Arena”
Sources Memory Alpha, The Simpsons