Star Trek: Renegades is a professionally produced pilot intended for presentation to CBS as a possible online series or cable series.
Star Trek: Renegades recently completed a successful Kickstarter back in November 2012, which they raised their minimum goal to produce the pilot. Since that time, they have completed the script, and it’s become a more ambitious project than they originally envisioned.
The Renegades team realised the minimum budget amount they raised would not be enough to complete their production – at least not to the standards they wanted. They have already made a few cuts in the script with regard to characters, locations and visual effects.
The Renegades team want to present CBS with the absolute best, highest quality, professional product that they can create. For this, they need help in funding the project.
What they need:
First, they need to shoot two more days than they planned. Their cast has also grown from their initial concept. In addition to their Renegades crew, they have had to populate Starfleet Headquarters with a few Admirals and other officers, plus also the inhabitants of two alien planets, inmates and guards at an Orion prison. With Renegades not making any profit from this project, the Screen Actors Guild rules still require them to pay each actor who appears in the pilot.
Their minimum goal for this is $20,000. This will fund both extra days of shooting (sound stage rental, actor salaries, and other various daily expenses).
The more they can raise, the better the Sets, Makeup, Props and Costumes can be.
The synopsis for Star Trek: Renegades:
Ten years after Voyager’s return from the Delta Quadrant, the Federation is in crisis. Someone has caused space and time to fold around several planets, all of which are the Federation’s main suppliers of dilithium, essentially cutting off the supply for several millennia. Starfleet’s methods to stop those responsible have been ineffective. This necessitates more drastic measures, some of which are outside the Federation’s jurisdiction. It now falls to Admiral Pavel Chekov, head of Starfleet Intelligence, and Commander Tuvok, Voyager’s former security officer and new head of the clandestine Section 31, to put together a new covert, renegade crew – primarily comprised of outcasts, rogues and even criminals. But can they refrain from killing each other to accomplish their task? That may be the bigger question…
The cast for Star Trek: Renegades are:
- Walter Koenig (Chekov, Original Series)
- Tim Russ (Tuvok in Voyager)
- Gary Graham (Alien Nation; Soval, Enterprise)
- Garrett Wang (Harry Kim, Voyager)
- Robert Picardo (The doctor, Voyager)
- Manu Intiraymi (Icheb, Voyager)
- Richard Herd (Admiral Paris, Voyager)
- Adrienne Wilkinson (Xena: Warrior Princess)
- Larissa Gomes (Saw VI, Saw 3D)
- Tarah Paige actress/stunt performer (Make It or Break It, Rise of the Planet of the Apes)
- Courtney Peldon (Karen Farris, DS9 “Valiant”)
- Vic Mignogna (Star Trek Continues, Dragonball Z)
- J.G. Hertzler (General Martok, DS9)
- Corin Nemec (Stargate SG1)
- Edward Furlong (Terminator 2: Judgment Day)
- Grant Imahara (MythBusters)
- Richard Herd (Admiral Owen Paris, Voyager)
- Chasty Ballesteros (Final Destination 5)
- Kevin Fry (Eraser)