Leonard Nimoy’s son Adam Nimoy has setup a Kickstarter to help fund a documentary film based on his father and his famous Star Trek character Mr. Spock. The documentary is called “For the Love of Spock”.
Last year, just before Thanksgiving, I approached my dad, Leonard Nimoy, about the possibility of working together on a film about Mr. Spock. I had skimmed through some of the books on the making of Star Trek and felt there was so much more to explore about the birth and evolution of Spock. And the timing seemed right, as the 50th anniversary of Star Trek:The Original Series was not that far away. Dad agreed that now was the right time, and that he was 100% committed to collaborating with me on this project. He also reminded me that we were (then) just days away from the 50th anniversary of the start of production on “The Cage,” the original pilot for Star Trek in which Dad first appeared as Mr. Spock.
– Adam Nimoy
Zachary Quinto who will reprise is role as Mr Spock in Star Trek 3 will narrate the film.
Adam Nimoy hopes to raise $600,000 for “For the Love of Spock”. They currently have $443,971 and have 7 days remaining of the project.
The project is offering some great rewards for people who back the film. Here are a few of them:
- $5 – LIVE LONG AND PROSPER – Thank you so much for joining our mission to complete “For The Love Of Spock!” As our newest crew member, you’ll receive exclusive updates from our mission and our eternal gratitude.
- $15 – ENTERPRISE TRAVEL LOG – In addition to our exclusive updates throughout our mission together, we’ll send you a one-of-a-kind digital (PDF) bundle of SPOCK collectables including historic magazine articles, home photography, and rare interviews with Leonard and the Nimoy family.
- $35 – MOVIE NIGHT ON THE ENTERPRISE – In addition to the one-of-a-kind digital bundle of SPOCK collectables, you’ll be one of the first to stream our “For the Love of Spock” film along with a special introduction and Q&A with the team.
- $50 – KEY CREW ON ENTERPRISE – You will be forever listed by name in OUR FILM CREDITS and on our WEBSITE as special thank you for your contribution. Plus the private film stream, SPOCK bundle and exclusive updates.
- $80 – CREWMAN 1ST CLASS – You go above and beyond! As a thank you, in addition to EVERYTHING up to the $50 level, you will receive an additional digital video bundle, which includes NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN interviews of Leonard, and “Leonard Nimoy’s Boston;” a special half-hour documentary directed by son Adam about Leonard’s life growing up in the west end of Boston.
- $100 – SPOCK MOSAIC – Don’t miss out! Be a part of an iconic and exclusive poster of SPOCK! – At this level, you’ll receive EVERYTHING from the previous levels, but you’ll also get to send us a photo of yourself (cosplaying, giving the vulcan salute, anything appropriate and Spock related!) to be included in an exclusive mosaic poster making up an image of Mr. Spock! – Who knows, maybe your image will be a part of our official marketing campaign or the film itself!
- $250 – BOSTON TREKKIES – Receive two tickets to a special BOSTON screening with the team (and the unofficial after party). See the film BEFORE the official general release! Who knows, maybe you’ll even score a hot seat next to Adam. – STANDALONE OFFER — (but we’ll send you both SPOCK digital bundles and include your name in our credits and website).
To find out more and to back the project visit their Kickstarter project
Follow them via: