Star Trek Continues have launched their “To Boldly Indiegogo” campaign to raise $350,000. Here are the details from the Indiegogo page.
Trek Continues Inc. — in association with Dracogen Strategic Investments — presents the award-winning, acclaimed webseries Star Trek Continues!
Our first episode — “Pilgrim of Eternity” — premiered in May 2013 at Phoenix Comicon to an audience of almost 3000. This inaugural story brings back original series guest star Michael Forest as “Apollo.”
In February 2014, we premiered “Lolani” at Dallas Comicon. The episode features Lou Ferrigno and explores the issue of slavery and sex trafficking.
Our third episode — “Fairest of Them All” — premiered in June of 2014 at Supanova in Sydney, Australia, and is a continuation of the popular TOS story “Mirror, Mirror.” We were fortunate to be able to shoot the final scene at Space Center Houston, with the restored original Galileo shuttlecraft!
We released our fourth episode — “The White Iris” — at Phoenix Comicon in May 2015 to a packed house. This story delves into emotional loss, shame, closure, and self-forgiveness.
Our fifth episode — “Divided We Stand” — premiered at Salt Lake Comicon in September 2015 to a full room of 1500 fans, with hundreds more turned away at the door. This was STC‘s first episode off the ship! Set in the American Civil War, the story explores the cost of freedom.
Episode 6 — “Come Not Between the Dragons” — is an action-packed, dramatic story that deals with deeply personal issues. Guest-starring Gigi Edgley of Farscape fame, it will be released at the end of May. And Episode 7, featuring the return of Erin Gray, will — with the help of this campaign — be released in the fall!
They hope to raise $350,000 to help with production and general costs of the film.
- Complete post-production on Episode 7
- Produce three more episodes!
- Cover rent and utility costs at “Stage 9” over the next 18 months (which have increased substantially due to our set expansion and the sole acquisition of “Stage 9” by Trek Continues Inc.)
We’re setting a STRETCH GOAL of $450,000… which would enable us to produce an ADDITIONAL episode (and cover studio expenses long enough to do so)!
All money raised goes to hard costs related to the development, filming, and post-production of these stories, such as:
- Set construction, maintenance and materials
- Studio rental and utilities (which have increased significantly since our set expansion and sole acquisition of “Stage 9”)
- Equipment rental
- Prop, makeup, and wardrobe equipment, supplies, production, and maintenance
- Cast and crew travel, lodging, and food (during shoots only)
- Post-production expenses (hard drives, online data storage, etc.)
- Indiegogo fees and payment processing
- Cost of perks (pressing DVDs, etc.)
- Finally, there are those who pledge but do not donate
Star Trek Continues are also offering some great rewards for people who back the film. Here are a few of them:
- $5 – CREWMAN 3rd CLASS: Our gratitude and thanks
- $15 – CREWMAN 1st CLASS: One script PDF (your choice of Episode 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6)…plus your choice of one downloadable exclusive backer wallpaper.
- $30 – PETTY OFFICER 2nd CLASS: Script PDF of Episode 1, 2, and 3 OR of Episodes 4, 5, and 6… plus your choice of one downloadable exclusive backer wallpaper.
- $70 – CHIEF PETTY OFFICER: “Petty Officer 1st Class” level… plus digital downloads of Episode 1, 2, and 3 OR of Episodes 4, 5, and 6.
- $100 – ENSIGN: “Cadet” level plus early viewing of Episode 6, “Come Not Between the Dragons”.
- $200 – LT. COMMANDER: “Lieutenant” level plus a DVD of Episodes 1, 2, and 3 OR of Episodes 4, 5, and 6.
- $250 – COMMANDER: “Lieutenant” level plus Episodes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 on DVD.
- $500 – LOLANI PINK DRESS: Stand alone reward: Lolani’s screen-used pink dress from Episode 2, “Lolani”.
- $500 – CHRIS GORE: Stand alone reward: Chris Gore’s screen-used Chalcidian guard costume (Robe and Tunic) from Episode 4, “The White Iris”.
If you would like to support the Star Trek Continues project, visit their Indiegogo page for more info
Visit the website Star Trek Continues for more information on the series
Source Star Trek Continues