Star Trek Continues have launched their Kirkstarter 2.0 campaign to raise $100,000 to make two new episodes. Here are the details from the Kickstarter page.
Star Trek Continues is a non-profit, fan produced webseries that was launched in May 2013.
Our first episode — “Pilgrim of Eternity” — premiered in May 2013 at Phoenix Comicon to a packed house of almost 4000. This inaugural episode brought back original series guest star Michael Forest as Apollo.
In February 2014 we premiered “Lolani,” which featured Lou Ferrigno as an Orion slave trader and explored the issue of sex trafficking.
Our most recent episode, “Fairest of Them All,” was a continuation of the popular TOS story “Mirror, Mirror.”
The accuracy of the sets, lighting, and filming — and the quality acting and characterization — have brought praise and support from Star Trek fans all over the world.
They are currently in production for the next 2 episodes.
Episode IV will be a very dramatic story that deals with deeply personal issues to which we all can relate. Episode V will be the first adventure off the ship for our crew.
They hope to raise $100,000 to help with production and general costs of the film.
The money goes to hard costs related to the development, filming, and post-production of these stories, such as:
- Set construction and materials
- Building rental and maintenance
- Monthly utilities costs
- Equipment rental
- Prop production and replication
- Costume rental and production
- Make-up equipment and supplies
- Cast and crew travel, lodging, and food during the shoots
- Post production costs, hard drives, online data storage, etc.
- Plus a million other little details!
- 10% goes to Kickstarter and Amazon payment processing fees
- Based on our past fundraiser, 10% to cover perks (i.e., pressing DVDs)
- Finally, there are those who pledge but do not donate
Star Trek Continues are also offering some great rewards for people who back the film. Here are a few of them:
- $5 – CREWMAN 3rd CLASS: Our gratitude and thanks
- $25 – CREWMAN 1st CLASS: PDFs of Episode 1, 2, and 3 scripts
- $50 – ENSIGN: “Chief Petty Officer” level, plus digital download of first three episodes to your Mac or PC
- $100 – LIEUTENANT: “Lieutenant junior grade” level, plus autographed photo of one actor (your choice: Mignogna, Haberkorn, Huber, Doohan, Imahara, Stinger, Lenhart, Specht, Dengler, Brown)
- $200 – LIEUTENANT COMMANDER: “Lieutenant” level, plus DVD of first three episodes
- $300 – COMMANDER: “Lieutenant” level, plus Blu-Ray of first three episodes (limited standalone reward!)
- $500 – LOWER REAR ADMIRAL: “Lieutenant Commander” level, plus autographed cast photo
- $1,000 – UPPER REAR ADMIRAL: “Lower Rear Admiral” level, plus 30-minute Skype chat with Vic Mignogna (limited standalone reward!)
- $5,000 – ADMIRAL: “Lower Rear Admiral” level, plus associate producer credit on episodes funded by this “Kirkstarter”
- $10,000 – FLEET ADMIRAL: “Admiral” level, plus walk-on role in an upcoming episode
The Stretch Goals:
- $150,000 • Our chief engineer “Scotty” wants to upgrade engineering! If we raise $150,000, we can make his wish come true — and he can celebrate with something “green.”
- $175,000 • You want us to visit “planets” — and so do we! If we hit our stretch goal of $175,000, we can build additional sets… and our away team — complete with red shirts — can explore new worlds.
- $225,000 • We can produce one additional episode, for a total of three!
- $275,000 • We can produce another additional episode, for a total of four!
Every $50,000 raised will be used to produce additional episodes of Star Trek Continues. (If we don’t quite make the $50,000, any monies raised will be used to upgrade sets, costumes, etc.)
If you would like to support the Star Trek Continues project, visit their Kickstarter page for more info
Visit the website Star Trek Continues for more information on the series
Source Star Trek Continues