As reported here Huston Huddleston the man behind the Star Trek’ bridge restoration project, has set his sights on launching the Hollywood Sci-Fi Museum, a mecca for film and television fans.
The museum is scheduled for a 2015 opening in Hollywood. It will house the restored Enterprise bridge, an original-series “Star Trek” bridge set, “Star Wars” props and costumes, “Battlestar Galactica” sets, a “Doctor Who” Tardis, the cockpit from “Firefly,” a 1966 Batmobile, and a DeLorean from “Back to the Future.”
There are 15 days left of the Kickstarter which was launched to help fund the project.
So far, more than $36,454 has been raised out $82,300 needed to complete the project.
Every donation regardless of the amount receives One Free Ticket to their 2015 Hollywood Sci-Fi Museum.
They are also offering some great rewards for people who back the Hollywood Sci-Fi Museum. Here are a few of them:
- $1 – OFFICIAL MUSEUM CERTIFICATE – Download the official Hollywood Sci-Fi Museum Certificate thanking you for your support, and receive updates with photos, videos of our progress.
- $15 – White CERAMIC MUG – “Hollywood Sci-Fi Museum” Also includes bracelet, downloadable Certificate and NAME ON THEIR WEBSITE
- $25 – Museum HAT – Black “Baseball cap” hat with “Hollywood Sci-Fi Museum” logo. Also includes downloadable Certificate and NAME ON THEIR WEBSITE.
- $50 – T-SHIRT and HAT – This includes our Hollywood Sci-Fi Museum shirt (Male or Female any size) and hat, Also includes downloadable Certificate and NAME ON THEIR WEBSITE.
- $60 – Star Trek designer RICK STERNBACH Original signed RUNABOUT Deep Space Nine Print 1 – 17″ x 12″ beautifully designed prints from the original designer of the ship Rick Sternbach. Giclee prints on ultra premium matte paper and signed in gold pen. Rick also designed the Voyager ship as well as nearly every TNG Phaser and Tricorder!
- $60 – Star Trek designer RICK STERNBACH Original signed U.S.S. Prometheus from the Voyager episode “Message in a Bottle.” Print 2 – 17″ x 12″ beautifully designed prints from the original designer of the ship Rick Sternbach. Giclee prints on ultra premium matte paper and signed in gold pen. Rick also designed the Voyager ship as well as nearly every TNG Phaser and Tricorder!
- $200 – NAME ON TILE AT 2015 MUSEUM – Though it’s too soon to say precisely when, where or what size it will be, it will be comparable to the tiles outside Disneyland, but more than likely a series of tiles will be in the Lobby of the Museum as you first enter.
- $300 – ENTERPRISE-D BRIDGE Vinyl Banner 8′ x 10′ – This was the very first banner we used all through most of 2013. It was used at San Diego Comic-Con and can be seen in numerous pictures. It has very little damage, mostly just bend marks, no cuts and no scrapes that we can find. It has grommets on top and sides and can be hung nearly anywhere!
- $300 – Romulan Ale with LARRY NEMECEK with Photos and autographs – Our board member Larry Nemecek has travelled all over the world speaking and hosting the cast of Star Trek, he is not only the author of Star Trek TNG companion and Stellar Cartography books, editor of Star Trek magazine, played Bones in STAR TREK CONTINUES but is a total EXPERT of all things Star Trek! Larry will meet with you or your fan club and answer ANYTHING you want to know about Star Trek, tell you never before revealed secrets AND show you never released rare videos, film and TV outtakes and rare footage that has NEVER BEEN RELEASED! — The exact location has yet to be determined and date and time will be worked out based upon availability. This does NOT include airfare nor hotel. If you are unavailable to meet in person, Romulan Ale will be sent to you, and Larry will SKYPE with you.
- $500 – THEY NAMED A STARSHIP TABLE AFTER YOU! – Next to our 2015 AND 2018 museum will be STARSHIP a new sci-fi themed restaurant which will be unlike any restaurant in the world. Your name will be on a plaque on that Table that thousands of people will eat and drink on. It shall forever be known as YOUR TABLE! AND when you come to STARSHIP, you can sit at YOUR table, and receive a free beverage, FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!
The board of directors include:
- Huston Huddleston, CEO
- Ronald D Moore
- Rick Sternback
- Larry Nemecek
- Doug Drexler
- David Gerrold
- Andrew Probert
- Timothy Earls
To find out more and to back the project visit their Kickstarter project
Follow them on Twitter: @hollywoodscifi
Follow The New Starship on Twitter:
Follow The New Starship on Facebook: The New Starship