Axanar is an independent Star Trek film which will be the first non-CBS/Paramount produced Star Trek to look and feel like a true Star Trek movie. The story of Garth of Izar, a character only seen in one episode of the original Star Trek, is one writer/producer Alec Peters first wrote 20 years ago.
“Axanar” takes place 21 years before the events of “Where no Man Has Gone Before”, the first Kirk episode of the original Star Trek. Axanar is the story of Garth of Izar, the legendary Starfleet captain who is Captain Kirk’s hero. Kirk himself called Garth the model for all future Starfleet Officers. Garth charted more planets than any other Captain and was the hero of the Battle of Axanar, the story of which is required reading at the academy. This is that story.
“Axanar” tells the story of Garth and his crew during the Four Years War, the war with the Klingon Empire that almost tore the Federation apart. Garth’s victory at Axanar solidified the Federation and allowed it to become the entity we know in Kirk’s time.
It is the year 2245 and the war with the Klingons ends here.
They have started a Kickstarter campaign to raise $100,000 for the sound stage and set construction for the film. This is the first of the Kickstarters to raise funds for the full film.
Prelude to Axanar is a 21 minute film which premiered Saturday, July 26th, 2014, at San Diego Comic Con and features Richard Hatch, Tony Todd, Kate Vernon, JG Hertzler and Gary Graham, who reprises his role of Soval from “Enterprise”.
This is just a taste of what the full film will look like when completed.
They are also offering some great rewards for people who back Star Trek: Axanar. Here are a few of them:
- $10 – Your name on the backers page on the Star Trek Axanar website PLUS access to our “Donors Only” Facebook Group with exclusive content, production blogs, cast and crew interviews, behind the scenes videos and more. PLUS all donors get their name on the “Donor Wall of Fame” at the new Ares Studios when finished!
- $15 – Receive all of the above plus a copy of the “Axanar” script in PDF form.
- $25 – Receive all of the above plus a digital download of “Axanar”.
- $35 – The Starfleet “First Fleet Patch. The fifth patch in the series of “Axanar” patches. This all new patch is the second fleet patch in the series and represents the Terran fleet that came out of UESPA. NOTE: New donors who donate at this level and above in the first five days of the Kickstarter get the previously released “Fifth Fleet – First to the Fight” patch free!
- $50 – The official “Axanar” USS Ares challenge coin! This 2″ challenge coin has the USS Ares patch in full color on one side and the Ares arrowhead on the other.
- $100 – Receive all of the rewards up to $ 75 PLUS get a limited edition cast photo signed by one of the stars of your choosing. Richard Hatch, Tony Todd, Kate Vernon, JG Herztler or Gary Graham.
- $250 – Be a casualty in the Four Years War! Your photo will appear as a casualty in the Four Years War in Axanar: Heroes. As Garth scrolls down the casualty list, your face and name will appear. Get a high res screen cap of the image for your collection as well. STAND ALONE LEVEL. This does not include any other perks (you can buy additional perks of your choice after the Kickstarter).
- $400 – Get your very own USS Ares uniform tunic! Receive all of the rewards up to $ 75 PLUS you will get a screen used tunic used in the production. This tunic will come with a Certificate of Authenticity. Sizes available are Men’s M-2XL and S-XL for women. Free shipping in the U.S. International shipping is charged at exact USPS shipping and billed later.
To find out more and to back the project visit their Kickstarter project
Follow them on Twitter: