Today 5th Passenger has launched a new fundraising campaign on Indiegogo for the visual effects part of the film. Last year I reported on the successful Kickstarter campaign to help raise funds to make the film. The articles about 5th Passenger’s KickStarter, stretch goals and 5th Passenger Reaches It’s Goal On KickStarter can be found by clicking the links.
Set in 2151, after the Yellowstone Calder a volcano erupts throwing the Earth into chaos, 5th Passenger tells the story of a secretly pregnant female officer and her four man crew adrift in deep space in an escape pod after their transport ship explodes before reaching the new home planet.They fight amongst themselves as they run low on air, but must work together to find a vicious alien hiding aboard their craft before it kills them all.
Directed By Scott Baker
Written by Scott Baker & Morgan Lariah
- Tim Russ as Franklin
- Manu Intiraymi as Thompson
- Armin Shimerman as Myers
- Morgan Lariah as Miller
- Marina Sirtis as Alana
- Doug Jones as Langdon
- Hana Hatae as Nurse Yagi
The Visual Effects team include – Tobias Richter with Lightworks and Mike Phillips with Bayou Pictures.
They hope to raise $65,000 to complete the VFX of the film. There are 45 days in this indiegogo campaign.
5th Passenger are also offering some great rewards for people who back the VFX campaign. Here are a few of them:
- $10 – Protostar: Become a Passenger
- Your name will be on the 5th Passenger backers page on the 5th Passenger website PLUS access to the “Donors Only” Facebook group page with exclusive content, production blogs, cast and crew interviews, behind the scenes videos, pictures from set and more PLUS a “thank you” shout out on Twitter.
- $20 – Great Nebula: The Collection
- All of the above PLUS get a copy of the exclusive 5th Passenger Digital Art Book- a composite of original concept drawings and art from preproduction, the director’s original storyboards, selected photos from set, and inserts of cast members’ notes from their scripts.
- $30 – Trapezia: Sounds in Space
- All of the above PLUS a Digital Download of the 5th Passenger Soundtrack
- $100 – Centaurus A: Extra Big Thanks
- All of the above (with a selection of DVD or Blu-ray) and a THANKS in the end credits of the film and on IMDB.
- $200 – Alert: Mini Hammer
- Own the original mini hammer that Manu Intiraymi used to protect himself against the vicious alien in 5th Passenger. It includes a certificate of authenticity along with a still frame from the movie showing it in use PLUS all of the above up to the $100 level (with selection of DVD or Blu-ay).
- $300 – Alert: “iPad” Tablet Prop
- Own one of the 2 the original, futuristic plexiglass tablet props used in 5th Passenger and SIGNED by Marina Sirtis and Tim Russ who used them in the movie. They will come with a certificate of authenticity along with a still frame from the movie showing it in use PLUS all of the perks up to the $100 level (with a selection of DVD or Blu-ray).
- $500 – Starburst: Dinner with Manu!!
- All of the perks up to the $100 level PLUS let Manu pay for your dinner with him in Los Angeles. Take tons of pictures with him, ask him daring personal questions, get the inside scoop on all of his projects, and have the dinner of a lifetime. (travel and accommodation not included)
- $500 – Alert: Space Suit
- Own the original, one-of-a-kind space suit worn by Morgan Lariah and designed by Deb Hartwell for 5th Passenger. It will come autographed with a certificate of authenticity along with a still frame from the movie showing it in use PLUS all of the perks up to the $100 level (with a selection of DVD or Blu-ray).
To see more rewards and to back the project visit their Indiegogo campaign
Follow them on Twitter: