In March 2013, I reported on a new Indie sci-fi thriller called 5th Passenger. The article can be found here. The film is about four astronauts stranded in deep space. It will feature cast members from Star Trek Voyager. Co-written and directed by Scott Baker, who is an award-winning horror filmmaker. His credits include over a dozen short films, including Rationed and The Diary of Anne Frank of the Dead.
5th Passenger has today started a Kickstarter campaign to help fund the film. 5th Passenger will begin shooting this winter at Space Command Studios.
Set in 2151, after the Yellowstone Calder a volcano erupts throwing the Earth into chaos, 5th Passenger tells the story of a secretly pregnant female officer and her four man crew adrift in deep space in an escape pod after their transport ship explodes before reaching the new home planet.They fight amongst themselves as they run low on air, but must work together to find a vicious alien hiding aboard their craft before it kills them all.
- Tim Russ as Franklin
- Manu Intiraymi as Thompson
- Curtis Fortier as Myers in the trailer
- Morgan Lariah as Miller
Directed By Scott Baker
Written by Scott Baker & Morgan Lariah
Now 5th Passenger’s creators Scott Baker and Morgan Lariah have added to the cast of the film with Star Trek The Next Generation’s Marina Sirtis, Star Trek Voyager’s Robert Picardo, and Doug Jones, who is currently in The Strain and Falling Skies. Also just added is Star Trek TNG/ DS9’s Hana Hatae.
Ryan T. Husk, Rico E. Anderson, Jodi Johnston, Darnell Davis and Ann Hu
The Special Effects – Thomas E. Surprenant: an Emmy winner who has worked on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Donnie Darko and many more.
The Visual Effects – Tobias Richter, The Light Works: he has worked on 5th Passenger trailer, Star Trek: Axanar and on the blu-ray of Star Trek: The Next Generation.
They hope to raise $65,000 to help with production and general costs of the film.
5th Passenger is also offering some great rewards for people who back the film. Here are a few of them:
- $10 – Your name will be on the 5th Passenger backers page on the 5th Passenger website PLUS access to the “Donors Only” Facebook group page with exclusive content, production blogs, cast and crew interviews, behind the scenes videos, pictures from set and more PLUS a “thank you” shout out on Twitter.
- $15 – All of the above PLUS a copy of the “5th Passenger” script in PDF form.
- $25 – All of the above PLUS a digital download of Poster #1 and a Personalized Meme of you, 5th Passenger Style posted on Twitter.
- $60 – All of the above PLUS Limited Edition (available only during this Kickstarter campaign) Patch #2 PLUS an Autographed Movie Picture of the Character, Roger Blain
- $100 – All of the above PLUS a “Thanks” in end movie credits and on IMDB and an Autographed Movie Picture of the Character, Eve Miller.
- $200 – Own an Original Flight Suit from the Concept Trailer! We will give you a letter of authenticity PLUS all rewards up to the $100 Level. Limited (1 of 3 remaining)
- $3,000 – Get a character named after you! (first and last name) Have you ever wanted to see your name on the big screen? Here is your chance! Be immortalized. Have your name in the movie and on IMDB PLUS all rewards up to the $100 Level. Legitimate names only, please. Limited (5 of 5 remaining)
- $7,500 – OWN THE ALIEN! Own the Alien Creature used in the “5th Passenger” production created by Emmy Winner, Thomas Surprenant. We will give you a letter of authenticity PLUS all rewards up to the $100 Level. International shipping is charged at exact USPS shipping and billed later.